Categories: Announcements, I Like The Web!, Partners and Friends, Tim, Totally Sweet Tech
If you were at ROFLThing-NYC, you might remember Alexis shadily going around and getting a bunch of our speakers/guests to swab their cheeks for DNA. These swabs were sent to the good people over at DNA11, who promptly combined them and created the gorgeous DNA Mini Portrait that you see above. It contains the genetic material of the following web folks:
- A.J. “HatPerson” Mazur of Lil’ Jon-Lazy Town Remix “Cooking By the Book”
- Jay “TRON guy” Maynard who needs no introduction
- Ian Spector of Chuck Norris Facts AND Mr. T Facts
- moot of 4chan
- Irina Slutsky of GeekEntertainment TV
- Jason Scott, owner of Sockington & master of TextFiles
- Charlie Todd of Improv Everywhere
- Damian Hess, AKA MC Frontalot of nerdcore hip-hop fame
- Vincent Connare, creator of Comic Sans
- Jamie Wilkinson of the FFFFF.AT Lab and Rocketboom
The hope, of course, is that one day we’ll be able to use the Mini Portrait to resurrect the entire internet in some grim bombed out cyberpunk future. But until then, you can own this totally sweet wall ornament and conversation piece. Keep it safe for future generations!
The auction ends this Thursday, so act fast if you want to get in. Best of all, the entire proceeds from the auction will be donated to the good people over @ Science Commons. Rock.